What are the advantages and disadvantages of 48V 200Ah 10kwh Powerwall LiFePO4 battery
Time of issue:2022-09-05 16:03
Advantages of 48V 200Ah 10kwh Powerwall LiFePO4 battery for home energy storage:
1. The lithium iron phosphate battery has a long life, the cycle life is more than 2000 times, and the 3C cycle life is more than 800 times. Under the same conditions, lithium iron phosphate batteries can be used for 7 to 8 years.
2. Safe to use. The lithium iron phosphate battery has undergone strict safety tests and will not explode even in severe collisions.
3. Fast charging. Using a special charger, the battery can be fully charged at 1.5C for 40 minutes, and the starting current can reach 2C.
4. The lithium iron phosphate battery is resistant to high temperature, the thermal peak value of the lithium iron phosphate battery can reach 350 to 500 degrees Celsius, and the working temperature range is wide (-20 ~ 75 degrees Celsius) and high temperature (60 degrees Celsius).
5. The lithium iron phosphate battery has a large capacity, and its energy density is 3 to 4 times that of lead-acid batteries, 2.5 times that of nickel-cadmium batteries, and 1.8 times that of nickel-metal hydride batteries.
Disadvantages of 48V 200Ah 10kwh Powerwall LiFePO4 battery for home energy storage:
1. Poor consistency. The life of lithium iron phosphate batteries is significantly lower than that of single cells. Compared with other batteries, the lithium iron phosphate battery pack has no obvious advantage in life. There are a lot of battery packs on the used market that have been obsolete before reaching their expected lifespan.
2. The low temperature performance is not good. When the temperature is lower than 0 degrees, the capacity decreases rapidly, and the cycle performance is extremely poor at low temperature.
3. During the sintering process during the preparation of lithium iron phosphate, iron oxide may be reduced to elemental iron in a high-temperature reducing atmosphere. Elemental iron can cause micro-short circuit of the battery and is the most taboo substance in 48V 200Ah 10kwh Powerwall LiFePO4 battery.