PCENERSYS (SHENZHEN) Co.,Ltd.
Building C, FuXinLin lndustry Park, Hangcheng lndustrial Zone, Taoyuan Community, XiXiang Street, Bao'An District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Advantages and disadvantages of Lithium ion energy storage battery
Time of issue:2022-11-08 16:13
Lithium ion energy storage battery has a series of unique advantages such as high working voltage, high energy density, long cycle life, low self-discharge rate, no memory effect, green environmental protection, etc., and supports stepless expansion, suitable for large-scale electric energy storage, in renewable Energy power stations have good application prospects in the fields of safe grid connection of power generation, power grid peak regulation, distributed power stations, UPS power supplies, and emergency power supply systems.
With the rise of the energy storage market, in recent years, some power battery companies have deployed energy storage business to open up new application markets for lithium iron phosphate batteries. On the one hand, due to the characteristics of ultra-long life, safe use, large capacity, and green environmental protection, lithium iron phosphate can be transferred to the field of energy storage, which will extend the value chain and promote the establishment of a new business model. On the other hand, the energy storage system supporting the lithium iron phosphate battery has become the mainstream choice in the market. According to reports, Lithium ion energy storage battery have been tried to be used in electric buses, electric trucks, user-side and grid-side frequency regulation.
Lithium ion energy storage battery is a new type of high-energy battery successfully developed in the 20th century. The negative electrode of this battery is made of graphite and other materials, and the positive electrode is made of lithium iron phosphate, lithium cobaltate, lithium titanate, etc. It was put into practical use in the 1970s. Because of its high energy, high battery voltage, wide operating temperature range, and long storage life, it has been widely used in military and civilian small electrical appliances.
As a new favorite in the battery industry, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Lithium ion energy storage batteries?
First, the advantages of Lithium ion energy storage battery
1. High energy density, its volume energy density and mass energy density can reach 450W.h/dm3 and 150W.h/kg respectively, and are still improving.
2. The average output voltage is high (about 3.6V), which is 3 times that of Ni-Cd and Ni-l batteries.
3. Grade A quality and high output power.
4. Small self-discharge, less than 10% per month, less than half of Ni-Cd and Ni-Ml.
5. It does not have the same memory effect as Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries, and has superior cycle performance.
6. It can be quickly charged and discharged, and the capacity can reach more than 80% of the nominal capacity when charging at 1C.
7. High charging efficiency, basically 100% after the first cycle.
8. The working temperature range is wide, -30~+45℃. With the improvement of electrolyte and positive electrode, it is expected to be expanded to -40~+70℃, and the low temperature may be expanded to -60℃.
9. No maintenance required.
10. It is more friendly to the environment and is called green battery.
11.Long cycles life, 100% DOD charge and discharge can reach more than 900 times; when using shallow depth (30% DOD) charge and discharge, the number of cycles has exceeded 5,000 times.
Disadvantages of Lithium ion energy storage battery
1. The cost is high, and the important thing is that the price of the cathode material LiC002 is high. With the continuous development of cathode technology, LiMn204, LiFeP04, etc. can be used as cathodes, which is expected to greatly reduce the cost of lithium-ion batteries;
2. There must be a special protection circuit to prevent overcharge or over discharge;
3. The compatibility with ordinary batteries is poor, because it is generally necessary to use 3 ordinary batteries (3.6V) to replace them with lithium-ion batteries.
Lithium-ion power batteries have partially replaced traditional batteries in mobile phones, portable computers, video cameras, cameras, etc. Large-capacity lithium-ion batteries have been tried in electric vehicles and will become one of the main power sources for electric vehicles in the 21st century. They have been used in satellites, aerospace and energy storage.
Keyword:Lithium ion energy storage batteries,Lithium energy storage batteries,lithium iron phosphate batteries,Disadvantages of Lithium ion energy storage battery,advantages of Lithium ion energy storage battery
48V 200Ah Battery Manufacturers: The Ultimate Guide
Top 48V 200Ah Battery Manufacturers with Certifications
Top 5 48V 200Ah Battery Manufacturers for Automotive Electronic Accessories
Top 48V 200Ah Battery Manufacturers: Advantages and Types
Everything You Need to Know about 48V 200Ah Battery Manufacturers for Automotive Industry
What Are the Advantages of 48V 200Ah Battery China?
contact number :
Copyright © 2022-2026 PCENERSYS (SHENZHEN) Co.,Ltd. Power by 300.cn 粤ICP备2022001237号
Powered by:www.300.cn SEO